1 Timothy chapter 1
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
1 Paul, apostle of Jesus Christ according to a command of God our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ, our hope,
2 to Timothy, genuine child in faith: grace, mercy, peace from God our Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3 According as I called you alongside to remain-upon in Ephesus, going into Macedonia, that you may charge some not to teach-other-things,
4 nor to hold-toward myths and endless genealogies, which furnish questionings rather than a household-management of God, the one in faith.
5 And the end of the charge is love out of a clean heart and a good conscience and an unhypocritical faith,
6 from which some, having missed-the-mark, turned-aside unto empty-talk,
7 willing to be law-teachers, not understanding neither what things they say nor concerning what things they firmly-affirm.
8 And we know that the law is good, if anyone uses it lawfully,
9 knowing this, that to a righteous one a law is not laid, but to lawless and unordered, ungodly and sinners, unholy and profane, strikers-of-father and strikers-of-mother, men-slayers,
10 fornicators, arsenokoitai, men-stealers, liars, oath-breakers, and if anything other is laid-against the healthy teaching,
11 according to the gospel of the glory of the blessed God, with which I was trusted.
12 And I have gratitude to the one having empowered me, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he counted me faithful, having placed me into a service,
13 the one formerly being a blasphemer and a persecutor and an insolent, but I was mercied, because being ignorant I did it in unbelief;
14 and the grace of our Lord over-abounded with faith and love, the one in Christ Jesus.
15 Faithful is the word and worthy of all reception, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first.
16 But through this I was mercied, that in me first Jesus Christ may show-in all long-temper, toward a sketch of those about to believe upon him unto age-long life.
17 And to the King of the ages, incorruptible, unseen, only wise God, honor and glory unto the ages of the ages. Amen.
18 This charge I place-alongside to you, child Timothy, according to the prophecies leading-before upon you, that in them you may soldier the good soldiering,
19 having faith and a good conscience, which some, having pushed-away, shipwrecked concerning the faith,
20 of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I gave-over to Satan, that they may be trained not to blaspheme.
1 Note — v. 1. TR: καὶ κυρίου Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ. “and Lord Jesus Christ.”
2 Note — v. 17. TR: μόνῳ σοφῷ θεῷ. “only wise God.”
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

Comments
Post a Comment