Philippians chapter 2
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
1 If any therefore calling-alongside in Christ, if any consolation of love, if any fellowship of Spirit, if any inward-parts and compassions,
2 fill my joy, that you think the same, having the same love, joined-souled, thinking the one thing,
3 nothing according to rivalry or empty-glory, but in lowliness considering one another holding-above themselves,
4 not each looking the things of themselves, but each also the things of others.
5 This think in you which also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, existing in form of God, did not consider a thing-to-be-seized the to be equal to God,
7 but emptied himself, having taken a form of a slave, having come to be in likeness of men;
8 and having been found in scheme as a man, he lowered himself, having become obedient until death, and death of a cross.
9 Wherefore also God highly-lifted him and graced to him the name, the one above every name,
10 that in the name of Jesus every knee may bend, of heavenlies and of earthlies and of under-earthlies,
11 and every tongue may confess that Lord Jesus Christ is, unto glory of God Father.
12 So that, my beloved, according as you always obeyed, not as in my presence only but now much more in my absence, with fear and trembling work-down your own salvation;
13 for God is the one in-working in you both the to will and the to in-work on behalf of the good-thinking.
14 Do all things without murmurings and reasonings,
15 that you may become unblamed and unmixed, children of God unblemished in the midst of a generation crooked and thoroughly-twisted, among whom you shine as lights in a world,
16 holding-upon a word of life, unto a boast to me unto a day of Christ, that I did not run into empty nor labor into empty.
17 But if even I am being poured-upon upon the sacrifice and liturgy of your faith, I rejoice and I rejoice-with you all.
18 And the same also you rejoice and rejoice-with me.
19 And I hope in Lord Jesus to send Timothy quickly to you, that I also may be of-good-soul, having known the things concerning you.
20 For I have no one equal-souled, who will genuinely be anxious the things concerning you;
21 for the all seek the things of themselves, not the things of Christ Jesus.
22 And the proof of him you know, that as a child to a father he slaved-with me unto the gospel.
23 This one therefore I hope to send at once whenever I look-away the things concerning me;
24 and I have trusted in Lord that I myself also will come quickly.
25 And I considered it necessary to send toward you Epaphroditus, my brother and fellow-worker and fellow-soldier, and your apostle and liturgist of my need,
26 since he was longing-after you all and being distressed, because you heard that he was weak.
27 For also he was weak near-alongside death; but God mercied him, and not him only but also me, that I may not have grief upon grief.
28 More eagerly therefore I sent him, that having seen him you may rejoice again, and I may be more ungrieved.
29 Receive him therefore in Lord with all joy, and have such ones honored,
30 because through the work of the Christ he drew near until death, having risked the soul, that he might fill-up your lack of the liturgy toward me.
1 Note — v. 11. TR: κύριος Ἰησοῦς Χριστός. “Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

Comments
Post a Comment