Philippians chapter 1
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
1 Paul and Timothy, slaves of Jesus Christ, to all the holy ones in Christ Jesus, the ones being in Philippi, with overseers and servants:
2 grace to you and peace from God our Father and Lord Jesus Christ.
3 I give-thanks to my God upon all the remembrance of you,
4 always in every petition of mine on behalf of all of you making the petition with joy,
5 upon your fellowship unto the gospel from the first day until the now,
6 having been persuaded this same, that the one having begun-in in you a good work will complete it until a day of Jesus Christ;
7 according as it is righteous for me to think this on behalf of all of you, through the me having you in the heart, both in my bonds and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all being fellow-partners of me of the grace.
8 For God is my witness, how I long-after all of you in inward-parts of Jesus Christ.
9 And this I pray, that your love may still more and more abound in full-knowledge and all perception,
10 unto the you to prove the things differing, that you may be unmixed and unstumbling unto a day of Christ,
11 having been filled with fruits of righteousness, the ones through Jesus Christ, unto glory and praise of God.
12 And I will you to know, brothers, that the things according to me have come rather unto an advance of the gospel,
13 so as my bonds in Christ to become manifest in all the praetorium and to all the remaining,
14 and the more of the brothers in Lord, having trusted in my bonds, to dare more abundantly to speak the word unfearfully.
15 Some on the one hand also through envy and strife, and some also through good-thinking, proclaim the Christ;
16 the ones on the one hand out of love, knowing that I lie unto a defense of the gospel;
17 and the ones out of rivalry proclaim the Christ not purely, thinking to raise pressure to my bonds.
18 What then? Nevertheless in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is being proclaimed, and in this I rejoice; but also I will rejoice.
19 For I know that this will turn-out for me unto salvation through your petition and a supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20 according to my eager-watching and hope that in nothing I will be shamed, but in all frankness, as always also now, Christ will be made-great in my body, whether through life or through death.
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die gain.
22 And if to live in flesh, this to me a fruit of work; and what I will choose I do not make known.
23 And I am being held-together out of the two, having the desire unto the to loosen and to be with Christ, for it is much rather better;
24 and to remain-upon in the flesh is more necessary through you.
25 And this having been persuaded I know that I will remain and will remain-alongside with all of you unto your advance and joy of the faith,
26 that your boast may abound in Christ Jesus in me through my presence again toward you.
27 Only citizen-walk worthily of the gospel of the Christ, that whether having come and seen you or being absent I may hear the things concerning you, that you stand in one spirit, with one soul struggling-together in the faith of the gospel,
28 and not being frightened in anything by those opposing, which to them is an indication of destruction, and to you of salvation, and this from God;
29 because to you it was graced on behalf of Christ, not only the to believe unto him but also the to suffer on behalf of him,
30 having the same struggle such as you saw in me and now hear in me.
1 Note — v. 16–17. TR order: first those out of love (v. 16), then those out of rivalry (v. 17).
2 Note — v. 23. TR: πολλῷ γὰρ μᾶλλον κρεῖσσον. “for it is much rather better.”
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

Comments
Post a Comment