2 Timothy chapter 4
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
1 I witness-through therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, the one about to judge living and dead according to his appearing and his kingdom:
2 Proclaim the word; stand-upon in season, out of season; expose, rebuke, call-alongside, in all long-temper and teaching.
3 For there will be a season when they will not hold-up-under the healthy teaching, but according to the own desires they will heap to themselves teachers, tickling the hearing,
4 and from the truth they will turn-away the hearing, and will be turned-out upon the myths.
5 And you be sober in all things, suffer-evil, do a work of an evangelist, fill your service.
6 For I already am being poured-upon, and the season of my loosening has stood-on.
7 The good struggle I have struggled, the course I have finished, the faith I have kept.
8 Remaining, there is laid-away for me the crown of the righteousness, which the Lord will give-back to me in that day, the righteous judge; and not only to me but also to all those having loved his appearing.
9 Be eager to come toward me quickly;
10 for Demas left me down, having loved the now age, and went into Thessalonica, Crescens into Galatia, Titus into Dalmatia.
11 Luke alone is with me. Having taken Mark, lead him with yourself; for he is well-useful to me unto service.
12 And Tychicus I sent into Ephesus.
13 The cloak which I left-behind in Troas with Carpus, coming, bring, and the books, especially the parchments.
14 Alexander the coppersmith showed-in many evils to me; the Lord will give-back to him according to his works;
15 whom also you guard, for he has stood-against exceedingly our words.
16 In my first defense no one came-alongside with me, but all left me down; may it not be reckoned to them.
17 And the Lord stood-alongside with me and empowered me, that through me the proclamation may be filled and all the nations may hear; and I was rescued out of a mouth of a lion.
18 And the Lord will rescue me from every evil work and will save unto his heavenly kingdom; to whom the glory unto the ages of the ages. Amen.
19 Greet Prisca and Aquila and the house of Onesiphorus.
20 Erastus remained in Corinth, and Trophimus I left-behind in Miletus being weak.
21 Be eager to come before winter. Eubulus greets you, and Pudens and Linus and Claudia and all the brothers.
22 The Lord Jesus Christ with your spirit. The grace with you. Amen.
1 Note — v. 1. TR: κατὰ τὴν ἐπιφάνειαν αὐτοῦ καὶ τὴν βασιλείαν αὐτοῦ.
2 Note — v. 22. TR: ὁ κύριος Ἰησοῦς Χριστός. Ends with Ἀμήν.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

Comments
Post a Comment