Galatians chapter 4
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
1 And I say, upon as much time as the heir is an infant, he differs nothing from a slave, being lord of all,
2 but is under stewards and household-managers until the pre-set of the father.
3 Thus also we, when we were infants, were being enslaved under the elements of the world;
4 and when the fullness of the time came, God sent out his Son, having come to be out of a woman, having come to be under law,
5 that he might buy out those under law, that we might receive the placing-as-sons.
6 And because you are sons, God sent out the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying Abba, the Father.
7 So that you are no longer a slave but a son; and if a son, also an heir of God through Christ.
8 But then indeed, not knowing God, you were slaves to those by nature not being gods;
9 and now having known God, and rather having been known by God, how do you turn-upon again upon the weak and poor elements, to which again from-above you will to be enslaved?
10 You watch-beside days and months and seasons and years.
11 I fear you, lest somehow I have labored unto you emptily.
12 Become as I, because I also as you, brothers, I beg you. You treated me in nothing unjustly.
13 And you know that through weakness of the flesh I gospelized to you the former;
14 and my testing, the one in my flesh, you did not count-as-nothing nor spit-out, but as an angel of God you received me, as Christ Jesus.
15 What therefore was your blessedness? For I witness to you that, if possible, having dug out your eyes you would have given them to me.
16 So that I have become an enemy to you, speaking truth to you?
17 They are zealous of you not well, but they will to shut you out, that you may be zealous of them.
18 And it is good to be zealous in good always, and not only in my being present toward you.
19 My little children, whom I travail-again until Christ be formed in you,
20 and I was willing to be present toward you now and to change my voice, because I am without-a-way in you.
21 Say to me, those willing to be under law, do you not hear the law?
22 For it has been written that Abraham had two sons, one out of the maid and one out of the free woman.
23 But the one out of the maid has been begotten according to flesh, and the one out of the free woman through the promise.
24 Which things are being allegorized; for these are two covenants, one from Mount Sinai, begetting unto slavery, which is Hagar.
25 For Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and stands-together-with the now Jerusalem, and is enslaved with her children.
26 And the above Jerusalem is free, which is mother of all of us.
27 For it has been written, Be gladdened, barren one not bearing; break and shout, the one not travailing; because many are the children of the desolate rather than of the one having the husband.
28 And we, brothers, according to Isaac, are children of promise.
29 But just as then the one having been begotten according to flesh was persecuting the one according to Spirit, thus also now.
30 But what does the writing say? Cast out the maid and her son; for the son of the maid shall by no means inherit with the son of the free woman.
31 Therefore, brothers, we are not children of a maid but of the free woman.
1 Note — v. 7. TR: κληρονόμος θεοῦ διὰ Χριστοῦ. “an heir of God through Christ.”
2 Note — v. 14. TR: τὸν πειρασμόν μου τὸν ἐν τῇ σαρκί μου. “my testing, the one in my flesh.”
3 Note — v. 26. TR: μήτηρ πάντων ἡμῶν. “mother of all of us.”
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

Comments
Post a Comment